SEALMASTERS ACT WARRANTY CONDITIONS
SealMasters ACT Pty Ltd warrants the products listed here against defects for the following periods:
SealMasters ACT Pty Ltd Epoxy – shower cubical 10 Years warranty from the date of application or the completion of the works..
SealMasters ACT Pty Ltd Flex seal – 2 Years warranty from the date of application or the completion of the works.
SealMasters ACT Pty Ltd Balcony warranties and periods of coverage are assessed on a case by case basis. Upon completion you will receive a guarantee/warranty based on your particular balcony.
The client or their agents by accepting Sealmasters ACT Pty Ltd quote agrees to all terms and conditions set out below.
We hereby guarantee and warrant all work performed by SealMasters ACT Pty Ltd. We hereby guarantee and warrant the products used as specified above.
Sealmasters ACT Pty Ltd will repair or replace any defective work which we performed at no additional charge to the property owner.
The warranty conditions set out below are void unless all monies due and payable to SealMasters ACT Pty Ltd have been paid within the terms as stated on the invoice.
These terms and conditions and any contract to which they apply shall be governed by the laws of Australian Capital Territory (ACT) and are subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of ACT. Unless work is performed interstate then that state/territories laws shall apply.
SealMasters ACT Pty Ltd shall be under no liability whatsoever to the Client for any indirect and/or consequential loss and/or expense (including loss of profit) suffered by the Client arising out of a breach by SealMasters ACT Pty Ltd of these terms and conditions.
In the event of any breach of this contract by SealMasters ACT Pty Ltd the remedies of the Client shall be limited to damages which under no circumstances shall exceed the Price of the Goods.
The Client shall not be entitled to set off against, or deduct from the price, any sums owed or claimed to be owed to the Client by Sealmasters ACT Pty Ltd nor to withhold payment of any invoice because part of that invoice is in dispute.
SealMasters ACT Pty Ltd reserves the right to alter or amend this warranty/guarantee at any time.
SealMasters ACT Pty Ltd will guarantee its:
- Leaking Shower Repair’ workmanship and products against leakage for a period of Ten (10) years from the date of completion of the original Service.
- Any other products or work including but not limited to silicone, grout, tape washers etc are covered for a period of twelve (12) months from the date of completion of the original service.
- Any other services provided by SealMasters ACT Pty Ltd, not limited to but including, any existing loose tiles, grouting, plumbing, shower screen problems, structural damages and /or any damages that may occur after treatment or service shall not be the responsibility of SealMasters ACT Pty Ltd.
- Subject to the conditions of warranty if any product defect becomes apparent and is reported to SealMaster ACT within Ten (10) years of the date of the original service (time being of the essence),SealMasters ACT will either (at SealMasters ACT sole discretion) replace or remedy the workmanship.
The warranty shall not cover any defect or damage which may be caused or partly caused by or arise through:
- Failure on the part of the Client to properly maintain any Goods; or
- Failure on the part of the Client to follow any instructions or guidelines provided by SealMasters ACT Pty Ltd; or
- Any use of any Goods otherwise than for any application specified on a quote or order form; or
- The continued use of any Goods after any defect becomes apparent or would have become apparent to a reasonably prudent person; or
- Fair wear and tear, any accident or act of God.
The warranty shall cease and SealMasters ACT Pty Ltd shall thereafter in no circumstances be liable under the terms of the warranty if the workmanship is tampered with, repaired or altered without SealMasters ACT consent.
In respect of all claims SealMasters ACT Pty Ltd shall not be liable to compensate the Client for any delay in either replacing or remedying the workmanship/Product or in properly assessing the Client’s claim. Any claims investigated by SealMasters ACT Pty Ltd and found not to be covered by the warranty in clause then the Client may be charged at a rate of $80.00 + GST per hour. The Client shall also be responsible for all other expenses and costs incurred by SealMasters ACT Pty Ltd due to access delays caused by the Client or agent(s) in investigating such allegation, faults or warranty claims which shall be charged at a rate of $80.00 + GST per hour on-site waiting time.
The warranty does not apply if:
- The shower/balcony is affected by any structural movement however caused;
- The shower/balcony is affected by any substrate movement however caused;
- Any damage is caused to the area treated or surrounding area that may affect the Service;
- There are latent defects within the premises in reasonable proximity to the treated area at the time of, or which become apparent subsequent to the Service.
- An alteration or replacement of any fixture or fittings is undertaken after the original Service which in any way detrimentally affects the treated area;(which includes shower screen replacement)
- Any plumbing, works or moisture have subsequently detrimentally affected the treated area;
- Any flooring, sheeting, substrate, materials or tile bonding arises which in any way detrimentally affects the treated area;
- Any pre-existing or subsequent tiling problem, relating either to the adherence of the tiles or the inherent quality of the tiles, arises which detrimentally affects the treated area;
- A moulded shower or bath moves away from the walls;
- A moulded shower or bath is affected by any twisting or deflection however caused;
- The shower/balcony has been used within twenty-four (24) hours after the Service or as stated on the after service notification;
The warranty does not cover:
- Existing tiling work, growth of mould, mildew and bacteria, periodic cleaning or maintaining grout integrity;
- Calcification formation or secondary mould formation;
- Any accidental chipping, scratching or cracking of existing tiles in the re grouting process. (All due care will be taken to avoid this occurring);
- The appearance of the shower including product and grout colour matching;
- Staining, discolouration or degrading over time directly or indirectly as a result of cleaning products or personal care products, or secondary mould growth.
- For Goods not manufactured by SealMasters ACT Pty Ltd, the warranty shall be the current warranty provided by the manufacturer of the Goods. SealMasters ACT Pty Ltd shall not be bound by nor be responsible for any term, condition, representation or warranty other than that which is given by the manufacturer of the Goods. This includes but is not limited to shower screens, vanities etc.
- The owner or their agent must provide access for any SealMasters representative to carry out the work as required.
- The owner or their agent must remove any personal property likely to impede the work.
- If our representative can not access the site or is unable to proceed with the work for any reason an additional call out charge at the prevailing rate will be payable by the owner or agent to SealMasters ACT Pty Ltd.